Monday, 25 June 2007

This is how it is

Seeing as everyone else is doing it, and I am a trend trader I thought I would "go with the flow" and start a blog for myself. How ever with a difference I wont tell you how to trade. All this place is going to be used for is as my journal. And by that I mean a place for me to rant about the markets as I see it.

The purpose is to voice my indicator (that being my opinion) and seeing if I agree with it. I have always maintained that once put to paper or voiced thoughts will fall into there proper place and rationalize them selves. As I don't have anyone readily available to rant too about Forex, I take it out on the forums most of the time. Now I can do it here.

The danger in all of this though is pride. Calling a market movement out in public, and then watching it reverse on you is gut wrenching. A proud man might more easily stick to his guns and keep saying it will go the way he wanted. That same man will more easily fall into the %95 statistic. The only pride I have is placed in having faith in the fact that everybody makes mistakes. I once made up part of %95 of traders who fail. I blew my account down to the last $75. How ever I did not top it up. I simply walked away.

After not thinking, talking or having anything to do with trading for 4 months I decided to take a look at the charts once again. I made a few lucky calls and gained a few dollars more. Then lost it again. At that point I walked away for another month. I came back once more. Looked at the charts and had my "holy shit" moment.

I had an idea forming for a trading system and psychology but couldn't put it in to any clearly defined order. After stumbling upon Jacko's journal I found direction. I am not saying I follow his methods how ever I do agree that the "holy grail" is in fact looking back at me in the mirror.

It was at this point that things started making sense to me. I can't tell you how or why just that they do. So the end result is that I pay attention to the fundamentals of the Forex world, I don't use indicators other then trend, support and resistance lines. I also use good old fashioned pattern analysis and like to draw squiggly lines on charts with photo shop for people to gander at.

Now I been back in this game for a few months. The $80 dollars I had left has grown with out any injection of further capital. I am a reformed gambler, but kept some the methodology of gambling in that after my initial investment in to my account I would place no more. And if i lost it all, it was gone and I would move on to other things. Any amount of money in my account is disposable and means nothing unless it is moved to my bank account.

I have been more on then off as a demo trader for 4 years prior to going live. After a horrible start things are looking up and I am always learning something new everyday. How ever I do not overly complicate my decisions and it is still working out to be the best trading method I have ever used.

Well that is the end for now. Getting tired of proof reading this. Oh and one more thing.

I consider myself an eccentric millionaire. The only thing I have left to achieve is my first million. After which I will catch Bigfoot and make even more money selling the story of how I did it, then I could with trading. After all, this is merely a stepping stone on my path to financial freedom.

En dat is dat

No comments: